Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Big Fat Breakup

I'm here to break up with my fat. To get healthy. For myself, and hopefully for the new baby I'd like to start growing sometime this year. I've struggled with weight and health issues for a long time. I have a serious case of "I know exactly WHAT to do, it's just applying the changes to my life consistently is really hard" syndrome. I'm going to try using this blog not only to document the changes I'm making, but to work my way up to creating weekly meal plans for others to follow too. I know lots of people are in the same boat as me. "I wish someone would just TELL me what to eat each week!" I've followed countless meal plans but have always found some sort of flaw in them. Usually the flaw I find most prevalent involves money and waste. The meals aren't planned around seasonal, less expensive foods. The meals don't take into account leftover portions of things, especially fresh veggies... so I might end up with a bunch of green onions and celery left over, for instance, because one meal needed a tiny bit, but you can't buy just a TINY bit of those things. I hate wasting food. I'm also on a severely limited budget, and I shop sales and use coupons. As I become more skilled at this meal planning thing, I'll try to make meal plans that consider folks like me... folks on a budget who want to eat better, want meals their whole family will enjoy, and don't want a lot of leftover wasted food. I'll even try to incorporate time-saving tricks as I go.

This blog is to help me as much as it is to help others, because those are all area *I* need to work on too (especially the time saving tricks!), so feel free to share advice as we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment