Saturday, August 25, 2012

Health Progress - Numbers And Such

As of 9/23, from this post:

Weight - 219
Waist Size - 46.25"
Blood Pressure - haven't tested since last time
BMI - my BMI is 35.3. I'm still obese!
Waist To Height Ratio - .69 (This website says "Take Action!")
Hemoglobin A1C - haven't tested since last time
Cholesterol - haven't tested since last time


Insulin- my sugars were creeping a little higher than I liked; fine during the day but getting too high for my fasting. I have added in one shot, my Levemir (slow acting insulin). I am currently taking 25 units each night. My fasting is better - some days ok, some days too high. Daytime blood sugars have still been fine. I continue to monitor regularly.

Current clothing sizes - shirts extra large. Pants size 18. 

Picture from 09/22/12.

 As of 8/24/12, from this post, here are some numbers:

Weight - Right now it is 222. A month ago it was 229. At the beginning of this year it was 236.4; the most I've ever weighed.
 Height - 5'6"
Waist Size - Right now it's 47.5". At the beginning of the year it was 50.5".
Blood Pressure - I used a machine to test it while we were on vacation. It was 105/70 and my pulse rate was 78. In June it was 126/7- with a pulse rate of 80. In May it was 122/80.
BMI - my BMI is 35.8. I'm obese!
Waist To Height Ratio - .70 (This website says "Take Action!") Dr. Hyman says "this number is a better predictor of diabesity, heart disease, and risk of death than almost any other number."
  • my last Hemoglobin A1C ( a few months ago now) was over TEN. Abnormal is greater than 5.5. Ten is REALLY out of control.
  • My total cholesterol, last time we tested (a few months ago), was 257 (ideal is less than 180). My HDL cholesterol was 44 (ideal is higher than 60). My triglycerides were 460 (ideal is less than 100).
  • I've got fatty liver disease.
  • We tested my thyroid last spring and it came back normal.
Also I'm not currently taking ANY of my insulin (I also stopped my Victoza) and my blood sugar has been good. I'm testing multiple times throughout the day and the numbers are always between 100 - 120. My fasting blood sugar is too high; it was 154 today, and 160 yesterday.

08/25/12; my friend Leslie on the left (she's lost 102 pounds this year!), me on the right.
As of 07/19/12 I'm 7 pounds down and my blood sugar is under control. I still have a long way to go, and it's slow going so far, but I'm seeing bits of progress and that's encouraging.

At my friend Tina's wedding, June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment