Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life Just Keeps Getting In The Way


This morning, the kids started school (two hours, but hey, it's a start! First FULL day tomorrow!) and Zach flew home to Texas. I used that little bit of peace and quiet to sort of write out my personal goal list for the rest of this year and come up with a rough daily outline that will help me achieve it. It's chock full of stuff like get healthy, finish organizing the house and keep it clean, spend more time with the kids after school, have a better routine in place for the kids, get back on track with finances... fun things like that. I also decided that tomorrow, to coincide with my first full day of 'mom work' all by myself, I would begin counting the official six weeks of The Blood Sugar Solution advanced plan!

So naturally, I can't find my book ANYWHERE.

Last place I saw it was downstairs after vacation. I had it with me ON vacation and I know I took it down to look over before bed after we got back. I looked it over, decided it was going to be too chaotic to try to have anything resembling a schedule in place, and put it aside.

Then I had three kids running pell mell through the house for the next ten days. Also, my husband rearranged the furniture downstairs during that time. It's no wonder the book has disappeared!

I just spent half an hour cleaning down here while simultaneously looking for the book. No go. I'll keep looking for it because there are some general guidelines I know I need to follow during the official six weeks... and there were some other questions and things I wanted to blog about as well.

In the meantime, I'll just keep following the food plan. No flour, no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, no grains of ANY kind, no starchy vegetables, no fruit (except half a cup of berries a day). Hopefully I'll find the book tonight so I can work on AND blog in more detail about the rest of the process.

In total I've lost 14.4 pounds this year. Half of that is since I started this plan. I also feel a ton better. It's a bit rough overall but those things keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment