Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meal Plan This Week

I am smack-dab in the middle of this week already. It just sneaks up so quickly! We scraped together some money and hit the grocery store this week, so we have food in the house. As I believe I mentioned before, I'm trying to simplify eating each day with a lot of consistency... which means I'm trying to stick to the same basic breakfasts, lunches, and snacks each week. I'll work more on calories and quality of each meal as time goes on... for now, I'm mainly working on making the consistency part a habit.

BREAKFASTS
cereal (this week we have Honey Nut Cheerios, Kix, and Total Raisin Bran in the house)
oatmeal
LUNCHES
PB&J or leftovers
soup
SNACKS
fruit (this week we have apples and pears)
veggies (this week we have carrots and celery)
whatever healthy items are on sale that week (this week we have Nature Valley Granola Thins, Emerald Breakfast-On-The-Go packs, and fruit cups)

Wednesday 01/18/12

turkey soup (Alton Brown's Bird To The Last Drop recipe)

Thursday 01/19/12
garlic-balsamic pork tenderloin (this Kitchen Confidante recipe, which I found on Pinterest. It looks SOOOO GOOOOOD. Also, thanks go out to my mom for donating an extra pork tenderloin to us, or else we would not be having this wonderful meal!)
Friday 01/20/12
chicken adobo
Saturday 01/21/12
Cub Scouts Swim Party - it's a potluck / buffet thing, so we'll be eating there. (We're bringing bottled water.)
Sunday 01/22/12
roast chicken (they were buy one get one free at Jewel this week, so I have an extra one for next week in my freezer. I also get to make chicken stock out of their tasty carcasses, which will save me money too, as I cook with stock a lot!)
Monday 01/23/12

chicken sandwiches (hooray for leftovers, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment