Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fooducate


One of the tools I have been using to help improve the quality of the foods I eat is a great little iPhone app called "Fooducate". You can scan UPC codes on millions of different grocery products, and Fooducate will give you a grade for food (A-F), a list of reasons why the consider the food 'good' or 'bad', and a listing of five similar alternatives to that food with better grades. It's been really fun - AND eye opening - going around my kitchen, scanning foods and reading about them. I'm trying, for now, to limit myself to A and B graded foods. If you have an iPhone, I highly recommend the app.

If a food isn't in their database, you can send them the food's information (they have you take three pictures and email it to them) and they will add it. I've sent in three foods and have already received notification that they've added two of them! It's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment