Saturday, January 7, 2012

Consistency

One of the things that is hardest for me is consistency with meals. I have a really hard time eating the same thing over and over. However, a lot of research I've read points to consistency with meals... especially with breakfast and lunch... being a great way to lose weight and just regulate the amount of calories you're eating. So my plans are going to focus on making a consistent choice for those two meals, at least on a weekly basis.

I'm starting mine out with breakfast. A bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios every morning, with a glass of 2% milk. I don't love cheerios, but I don't hate them either. They're reasonably healthy. The plain ones are too blech for my tastes though. I'll try to work my way up to even healthier options as time goes by, but for now, this is better than what I was doing before... which was usually skipping breakfast. Terrible practice for anyone, but especially for me, since I'm an insulin-dependent Type II diabetic. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment